- 1 kg meaty pork ribs, cut pieces or whatever size you like
- 2 Tbsp oil (If the ribs is fatty may reduce to oil to 1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger (I don't use ginger bcos I didn't really like ginger)
- 3 1/2 Tbsp mashed fermented red bean curd
- 2 tsp sugar (or to your liking)
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine
- 500-750ml chicken stock (At the time I was cooking this I don't have any liquid chicken stock with me therefore I add 500ml of water and 1 tsp of powdered chicken stock)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to you liking)
- 1 tsp ground white pepper or 1/2 tsp of black pepper
Marinade the pork ribs and set aside for 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (if you use light soy sauce put it 1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
1. Heat oil in a wok until very hot, then add ribs and stir-fry over high heat until the ribs turn light brown. Push the ribs to side of the wok to leave some space in the centre, lower the heat to moderately hot, add garlic in the centre till it turns slightly brown and mix with the ribs .
2. Put in red bean curd and stir fry till the red bean curb mix well, then add sugar, dark soy sauce and rice wine and stir fry.
3. Add in 1 tsp chicken stock, stir and add 500 ml of water ( or 500 ml liquid chicken stock) and bring to boil
4. Lower the heat for abt 20 minutes (occasionalyy stirring and constantly add water if the gravy is drying up, I prefer lesser and thicker gravy) till the meat is tender enough and ready to serve.
5. Before serving adjust the taste (salt and pepper) to your liking