400g potatoes (suitable for mash)
20g salted butter
1/3 cup milk, hot (microwave 1 minute)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks.
- Place potatoes and salt in a saucepan of salted water. Bring to boil over medium heat for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly.Mash the potatoes.
- Add butter and half of the milk to mashed potatoes. Mash and mix well. If the mashed potatoes is dry add the remaining milk in. Feel free to add more milk if you think the mashed is to dry.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Beat with wooden spoon until light and creamy. You may get assistance from electric hand held mixer if you have one.
TIPS: Feel free to serve with addition butter or Hollandaise sauce.