So, here's the basic chicken stock recipe.
- 2kg chicken bones ( I use chicken carcass which only cost me AUD1 for 3)
- 2 onions or leeks, quartered
- 2 clove garlic,crushed
- 2 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs
- a dash of white pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large/deep pot. Cover with cold water and slowly bring to boil on medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add 1 cup of cold water. Smmer for 3 - 4 hours on medium low heat. \
- Skimming fat and scu from surface.
- Add extra water if necessary to make sure bones are always covered.
- After 3-4 hours, the liquid should be reduce by half. Strain the pot. Pour into whatever container you desire, allow to cool then freeze what you do not use.
- Do not allow stock to boil or it will make your stock turn cloudy.
- If you are too lazy to get any other ingredients listed, make sure you use essential ingredient such as chicken bones, onions and carrots.