I am a bit of lazy today and feel like having cake with cream corn, therefore I decided to just mix everything and bake. Very similar to the method use to make muffins.
- 30ml milk
- 3/4 of 400g canned cream corn
- 125g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) self raising flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 1/8 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pre heat oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Grease pan or layer with baking paper.
- Mix cream corn with milk. Set aside.
- In a bowl; combine self raising flour, bicarb soda, salt and cornflour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix melted butter and sugar together.Mix well
- Then, pour cream corn mixture into melted butter and sugar. Add in lightly beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combine and gradually add in the flour mixture.Divide into 3 batches. Add in another batch after the previous batch was well combined into the batter. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into pan that was prepared earlier and pop into oven for 40 minutes or until the tester comes our clean. Let it cool before slicing.
- Melt the butter in microwave try 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle some self raising flour if you feel the batter is too watery.
- Batter is consider perfect when it manages to hold the ribbon shape for 2-3 seconds when you drip the from above.