- 1 raw chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 french shallot / 2 shallots, finely slice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely slice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fry the sliced chorizo in a pan over a medium heat with a tbsp of olive oil. Stir them occasionally.
- At the mean time, prepare tomatoes and shallot. Put them in a bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper, a tbsp of olive oil and half of lemon juice. Toss everything together.
- By now, your chorizo should be getting crispy, with lots of fat cooking out from it. Add garlic to the pan, stir occasionally. As soon as the garlic fragrant, remove from heat and splash lemon juice to stop the cooking. Stir.
- Spoon chorizo, oil and garlic over tomatoes and shallot. Toss the salad and serve
- IF there is still leftover fat in the pan, store it in the jar and chill. Use it to rub over chicken before roasting... yummy...