- 300g Fish Fillet, cut to bite sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced - half use to marinate fish another half for saute
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- Oil for frying
- 25g butter
- 2 sprig curry leaves,
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 3/4 cup (187ml) evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp sugar or to taste
- Marinate bite size fish with half of minced garlic, 1 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper for about 30 minutes. Heat up some oil, dip fish into egg and sprinkle with cornflour.Fry the fish until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- Remove oil, in the same wok, melt butter at medium heat. Add in remaining garlic, curry leaves and chilli. Saute until fragrant. Add in the fried fish and mix well. Add in salt, pepper and sugar. Mix well again.
- Pour in evaporated milk, mix well and make sure the fish pieces are coated by evaporated milk. Adjust you seasoning. Once evaporated milk is thicken, remove and serve hot.