- 2 rolls japanese tofu
- 25g mince beef or pork or chicken
- spring onions
- 3 rehydrate shitake mushroom, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- a pinch white pepper
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 100ml water
- 2 tsp cooking wine/shao xing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cornflour with 1 tbsp water
- Add enough water to a wok to reach a depth about 6cm. Place a steaming rack over the wok. Place the wok over high heat and bring to boil.
- Cut japanese tofu into thick round slices, use teaspoon to remove a part of the tofu to form hole in the centre. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Marinate mince beef with ingredient (A). Divide into small balls and place in the centre of the tofu. Sprinkle some cornflour on top the dish.
- Gravy (ingredient B): Heat wok with both sesame oil and cooking oil. Fry chopped garlic until fragrant. Add cooking wine. Stir briskly. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add water. Wait till boil. Mix in cornstarch, boil and bring the sauce to simmer for 1 minute.
- Steam tofu for 10 minutes or until mince meat cooked over rapidly boiling water.
- After 10 minutes pour gravy into the tofu dish and let it sit the the steaming wok for 1 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve,