CookBook Challenge Week - 33
- 500g prawn (trim head and deveined, while keeping the shell intact)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup Nestum Cereal (available at asian grocery) - you may lightly toast them without oil
- 1 - 2 tsp sugar (I use caster sugar, you may use brown sugar too)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large chilli, finely chopped (You may use more than 1 or use bird's chillies)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Some curry leaves
- Oil (enough to fry the prawns)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and trim prawn. Sprinkle with prawn with cornflour, salt and pepper. Coat well and leave aside for awhile.
- At the mean time, chop chilli and garlic, also, mix toasted nestum cereal with sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat up amount of oil enough and lightly fry the prawn and drain.
- In a clean wok or pan, over low heat, add in butter. Once it is melted, fry garlic, curry leaves and chili till fragrant or until the leaves soften.
- Add in prawns, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Remove the wok or pan from heat, add in nestum mixture and coat well the prawn quickly. Adjust taste before serve.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Amount of salt, pepper, chilli and sugar is depending on your likeness.
- Use at least medium size prawn and make sure the prawn is fresh.
- Make sure the oil is hot when you fry the prawns so that the shell is crispy
- If you are using instant nestum pack, dont worry about adding sugar because usually there are added sugar in instant nestum.