|Very uneven coat.. but its my first time doing coating...|
How bana-choco-licious is this... hahahaha..... i love both bananas and chocolates.. so that's how this recipe makes its way to this blog....
For Banana Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup (150g) self raising flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 1/4 cup (25g) Cocoa powder, I use drinking cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tbsp milk
- 2 medium ripe banana, mashed
- Pre heat oven to 180 degree celcius (160 fan forced). Grease a deep 20cm round cake pan and line base with baking paper.
- Place the self raising flour, cornflour, cocoa powder, eggs, butter, vanilla extract and milk into a mixing bowl. Beat on slow speed until all ingredients are combine then beat on medium speed for 4 minutes or until the mixture turns pale.
- Mix in mashed banana and mix well.
- Spread the mixture onto prepared pan. Bake fort 40 minutes or until cooked when tested. (Skewer comes out clean). Turn onto a wire rack, top side up to cool.
- Split cake into half and join with banana-chocolate ganache (recipe below). Then top /cover/glaze wth chocolate ganache (recipe below).
For Chocolate Ganache
- 375 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 medium size banana, roughly diced if you want to mix it in chocolate ganache alternatively you can sliced the banana and put on top of ganache after you spread them
- Place chopped milk chocolate in a large bowl.
- Heat heavy cream on medium high heat until boil.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until completely mixed and glossy.
- Remove 1/3 of chocolate ganache away from large bowl, mix with diced banana and refrigerate it so that it will could reach spreadable (thicker)consistency for the fillings.
- Leave remaining chocolate ganache at room tempreture for it to cool before pouring over cake.
|Consistency for coating|
- Best for pouring/glaze/cover the cake: chocolate ganache should be at barely warm state.
- 375g chocolate = abt 390ml
- Want to know more about Ganache? CLICK HERE