CookBook Challenge - Week 37
This dish is high in protein and quick and easy to cook.
Rocket and parmesan mash
- 800g potatoes
- 40g butter
- about 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 70g baby rocket
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp lemon rind, grated (optional)
Pork and gravy
- 4 pork cutlet
- 1- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp flour
- 10g butter
- 3/4 cup water
- a generous dash of Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate cutlet with some salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Rocket and Parmesan Mash: Place potato in a large sauce pan with cold salted water. Bring to boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Add butter and milk and mash well. Add rocket, parmesan and lemon rind (if you use any). Season to taste and stir until combine. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan on medium high. Cook pork cutler for 4 - 5 minutes each side or cooked until as desired. Serve with rocket and parmesan mash.
- In the same frying pan, add in water, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to simmer and stir in flour. Stir until the flour dissolve and simmer for 20 seconds. Serve with the pork cutlet, rocket and parmesan mash.
- You may substitute pork with beef, chicken or lamb
- Sprinkle some cayenne pepper or chili flakes on the cutlet if you like slightly spicy dish