CookBook Challenge Week - 35
- 6 drumsticks or any parts of chicken, shallow slit on meat
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 head of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms(champignon or cup mushroom), thickly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Generous pinch of Turmeric / Saffron
- Juice and Zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Preheat oven at 200 degree celcius.
- Lighly coat chicken with flour. Heat oil over medium heat and browned chicken on all sides.
- Season and place in baking dish or shallow casserole.
- In the same pan or wok at medium heat, saute garlic and mushroom, stir occasionally for 5 minute. Then, add in water, lemon zest and turmeric powder. Bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in lemon juice. Then pour the mixture over chicken, cover and place in oven. Cook for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cook.