- 1.5 litre water
- 400g spare ribs OR chicken pieces with bone-in OR chicken feet
- 400g sliced lotus root (I used frozen lotus root)
- 1 cup raw peanuts, scalded with hot water (I prefer skin off)
- 3 dried scallops (optional)
- 1/2 bulb garlic, only remove the papery skin
- 8-10 red dates
- salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- Add lotus root, peanuts, dried scallop garlic and red dates into a big pot with 1.5 litre of water at high heat. Bring to boil.
- Blanch spare ribs with boiling water. Drain and add them into the big pot when the water is boil and bring to boil again after you add the ribs.
- Lower the heat and simmer gently for 2 hours.
- Add salt and pepper before serving. Serve hot.