Make about 36
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour/all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 230g butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For topping: 1/3 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celcius. Line baking trays with baking paper/wax paper.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cornflour and salt until well combine.Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixture, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and beat for 1 minute.
- Fold in flour mixture in 2 batches and mix until smooth.
- Form into about 1 inch ball (I use teaspoon to measure), place cookies onto prepared baking paper spacing 1 inch a part. Dip fork into 1/3 cup of icing sugar (which is meant for topping) and press on the round cookies. This is to avoid the fork from sticking to the dough.
- Pop into the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies starts to turn brown.
- Leave for a few minutes on baking tray before removing to wire rack to cool slightly before sprinkle it with 1/3 cup of icing sugar using fine strainer or sieve.
|without icing sugar|
|with icing sugar|
|ready to be eaten|
- If you decided to pipe rosette dough, keep pipe dough in fridge for 30 minutes before baking so that it will hold the shape