TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT, PLEASE CLICK HERE
OK... It's about time to pull my socks up. Why? Partly because the weather is getting cold in this part of the world... and mostly because I seriously have to dedicate more of my time to keep this blog updated. I have been cooking and trying recipes, however, I am still struggling to find to time to post it in the blog.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g / 2 Chorizo, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (Optional)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped (Due to my laziness I used 400g canned diced tomatoes)
- 2 medium red capsicium, seeded and chopped
- 2 red small chilies, finely chopped (Optional)
- 400g cannelini beans, rinsed and drained (I substitute with 420g baked beans, it's OK if you can't completely drain the tomato sauce)
- 1 - 2 tbsp dried flakes parsley (If you are using fresh parsley - 1/4 cup chopped)
- 4 eggs, poached
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 slices of toast, to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high. Cook chorizo for 2-3 mins, turning until slightly brown. Push the chorizos aside, add in garlic in the center of the pan, lightly stir the garlic until fragrant. Then, mix together with chorizo. Continue turning the chorizos until brown.
- Add tomatoes, capsicums and chilli (if you are using any). Cook / mix well for 5-8 mins or until the tomatoes collapsed and capsicums are soft.
- Add parsley and beans and stir to combine. Heat on low for 1 min or until beans are warmed through.Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Meanwhile, to POACH eggs, half-fill a saucepan with water. Heat on medium until boiling, Reduce heat to low or until just gentle bubbling. Crack an egg into a small bowl. Whirl water with spoon to create a little funnel then slip egg into the whirlpool.
- Poach for 3-4 mins, gently spooning over water until white is set and yolk runny.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove egg and drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Spoon bean mixture onto serving plates and top with poached egg. Serve with toast and butter.