Tuesday, May 24, 2011

DIY Fresh White Breadcrumbs

I have never make my own breadcrumbs before and I have no idea how to make them. However when I was about to make the Scotch Eggs I realised I was short of breadcrumbs and I was too lazy to go out to get breadcrumbs. Luckily, I did have a loaf of white bread at that time and I decided to google if I could find something. To my delight, wikiHow have an article of 'How to make fresh breadcrumbs'.

So here, I am sharing with you the easy method of making breadcrumbs.

In order to make fresh breadcrumbs you will need:
  • slices of bread of your choice
  • Freezer bag or plastic bag or cling wrap
  • Freezer 
  • Bread knife
  • Metal grater
Steps:
  1. Trim of the crust first.
  2. Put the bread slices in freezer bag and put into freezer until frozen.
  3. Remove from freezer. Grate the frozen slices one by one on a metal grater.

Things will be easier if you have blender or food processor because you will only need to pick the bread of your choice remove the crust and pop them into blender or food processor.


Things get harder if you have none of the above. However, worry not because you still can produce your own fresh breadcrumbs by picking bread of you choice (slices). Let it sit on the counter till the bread dried out a bit then take bread knife to cut it into crumbs.Try to cut it as fine as posibble.


TIPS: 4 slices of bread equivalent to 1 cup of breadcrumbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you or even just a Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails