This dish may look and sound simply, however, it taste amazing and pack with iron, vitamins, dietary fiber just to name a few.
- 300g beef (eye fillet) or any cut if beef you desire, cut into pieces - marinade with 1/2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tsp chinese cooking wine, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 2 dashes of white pepper, a generous pinch of sugar and 1 tbs corn flour
- 1 medium size broccoli, cut out the florets and blanch
- 1 tbs + 1 1/2 tbs oil
- 1 inch ginger piece, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 70ml liquid (water or stock)
- Marinate the beef for 20 minutes.
- Blanch broccoli floret (see below). Set aside.
- For sauce : mixture 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs oyster sauce, 1/4 tsp sesame oil1/2 tsp sugar, tsp corn flour and 70ml liquid.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok over high heat. Add in marinated beef and stir fry until it is almost cook (60% to 70%). Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbs oil in a wok over high heat (I wipe clean the wok above with paper towel before I add in oil). Add sliced ginger stir fry for 10 seconds and add in finely chopped garlic. Stir fry until aromatic. Add in almost cooked beef into the wok and stir fry until the beef in cook through. Add the blanched broccoli and the sauce mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Once the sauce thicken, dish out and serve. Enjoy!!
Blanch: In a medium size pot of water, add a few drops of oil, generous pinch of salt and bring water to boil, . Once the water boiled, carefully add in the broccoli florets for 10 seconds. Remove the florets immediately with strainer to drain excess water .