One Bowl means minimum wash and at the same time is able to fulfill the cake craving.
- 125g butter
- 1 1/8 cup caster sugar
- 2 oranges - get the zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange essence (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Pre heat oven at 180 degree and greased or line cake pan.
- Melt butter in the double boiler and add in caster sugar. Once caster sugar incorporated well with the butter, remove the mixing bowl from double boiler.Let it cool down a little to avoid scrambling the eggs.
- Add in egg and mix well with orange juice, orange zest and orange essence.
- Mix in self raising flour in 2 to 3 addition and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepare cake pan. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before move it to wire rack to cool.