What you need:-
1 whole chicken (1.2 to 1.3 kg)
about 500g of bok choy
6 honey dates
2 cloves of garlic (finely chop)
1 piece of ginger
12 cups / 3L of water or cover the chicken
1/2 tsp of seasalt (or any salt) - adjust according to your taste
a dash of white pepper
1. Clean the chicken, pat dry and set aside.
2. Wash the bok choy and cut to half to separate the leaves and stem
3. Put in the whole chicken, ginger, honey dates and garlic into pot.
4. Bring to boil at moderate high heat, cover the lid, lower the heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Check of the chicken is cook.
5. Add sea salt and pepper and adjust to you taste.
6. Add in the bok choy's stem first before you add in the leaves and cook till it is done. Serve hot.
* You may cut the chicken into pieces before serving however cut it before you add in seasoning and bok choy. Add back the cut chicken into pot and proceed with seasoning and bok choy cooking.