This is a very simple and nutritious soup.....
What you need :-
1 whole chicken (About 1.2 to 1.3 kg)
10 dried chinese mushrooms
1 piece of old ginger ( you can put 2 or 3 pieces)
2 cloves garlic (can be added like that or finely chop)
2 tsp salt or seasalt (Adjust to suit your taste)
1/3 tsp white pepper
6 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp of sesame seed oil
2 stalks of spring onion (garnish)
1. Clean up the whole chicken and pat dry. Set aside.
2. Soak dried mushrooms in warm water to allow it to re-hydrate and score the caps.
3. Wash and cut the spring onions into smaller section (1 cm).
4. Place the whole chicken with the mushrooms, garlics and ginger in the pot.
5. Add water to cover the whole chicken and bring the to boil at moderate high heat.
6. After boiled, lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Before add in the seasoning and spring onions poke a skewer or fork to the chicken's breast or thigh to make sure the juice run clear (Chicken is cook)
8. Add in salt, pepper, rice wine, sesame oil and spring onions. Cover the lid and turn off the heat. Let it set for 3 minutes before serving.