Cookbook Challenge Week 28-Breakfast
Love this beautiful breakky... hussle free, no frying and absolutely healthy without hollandaise sauce... hahahaahahah... but I love hollandaise sauce too much to let it go.... so......
Let's start with our delicious egg, ham and spinach..
fit for 2 serving
- 100g baby English spinach leaves
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 8 slices thinly sliced double smoke ham or any other shaved ham (I prefer smoked)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 100g cup mushroom, sliced
- Preheat oven 180 degree celcius.
- Cover half of the spinach leaves with boiling water for 1 minute. Another half of the spinach leaves is to saute later. Drain, cool, squeezed the liquid from spinach and finely chopped them. Diced mushroom.
- It is easier if you have large muffin pan mould. If you do lightly grease them and line base with baking paper. If you DON'T have 1.. just like me you may use egg rings to form the shape, line with aluminium foil at the outer layer. This is to support the shape and line base with baking paper in the inner layer. Check out the pictures below. Pictures speaks louder that words.. haha
4. Use 4 slices of ham to line to baking paper, overlapping slightly forming something like nest. Spoon spinach into mould and top with chopped tomatoes ( I did it the other way round and realise the bottom get to soggy due to tomatoes juice).
5. Break an egg into each mould. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the egg is cook. I bake mine for 17 minutes. Serve hot.
Tips: Serving SUGGESTION.... Served with toast and sautee mushroom and spinach
How to saute ?????
- Heat the pan. Put enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Let the butter hot slightly bubble.
- Add garlic (totally optional) and add in vegetable to be sauteed.
- Cook until golden crust appear. Turn to the other side and cook until golden crust appears too.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper (optional)
- Remove from heat and served
FOR HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE : click here