• 1 tbsp cooking oil
• 500 g diced pork
• 1 large brown onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• 2 tsp curry powder
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper
• 100 g snow peas, ends trimmed or round beans, briefly boiled
• ¼ fresh pineapple, cubes or 1 canned pineapple
• ¼ cup full cream milk or low fat milk or coconut milk
• salt and pepper, (from pantry)
1.Season the pork with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and brown on all sides of the pork. Remove the pork to a plate.
2.Using the same pan or wok, add the onion and cook stirring often for 3-5 mins, or until light golden in colour and slightly softened. Add the garlic, curry powder and cayenne pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the pan, as the spices will begin to stick.
3.Add the pork, 1 ½ cups water and ¼ cup of milk. Stir well and cover. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the pork is tender.
4.Add the snow peas or round beans and pineapple and cook for a further 2-3 mins, or until the snow peas or round beans are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.