This is a easy and delicious dessert. To make this dessert you will need:-
- 2 ripe banana (I use regular size)
- spring roll wrappers (it usually come in a bag of 10 or 20)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or to taste
- some water, to seal the wrapper
- oil for frying
- icing sugar/powdered sugar for garnish/sprinkle
- Peel bananas, slice each banana in half length wise and then cut in half cross wise. Slice each piece in half again length wise. Conclusion is there will be 8 pieces for each banana.
- To assemble spring rools, place 2 banana slices (flat side down), diagonally across the corner of spring roll wrapper. Sprinkle with brown sugar to taste.
3. Roll from corner to the centre, then fold left and right corners in and continue rolling. Dip your finger in water and brush the final edge to seal. Repeat with remaining banana pieces.
4. In a wok, medium sauce pan or pan, heat oil about 2 inches deep over high heat. When hot, place spring rolls in oil, fry till golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Place rolls on plate, lined with paper towel to drain of excess oil.
5. Dust with icing sugar before serve.
- Place unused wrapper under damp towel to keep them from drying out
- You may serve your rolls with ice cream or melt chocolate too :)
- To make mini banana spring rolls cut banana to smaller pieces. Its up to you whether you want to cut the wrapper into half too.