This is a very convenience chocolate cake especially when you crave for warm dessert or chocolate cake late at night during cold nights......Just like me :).. This whole process took about 30 minutes.
- 4 tbsp self raising flour or plain flour
- 4 tbsp chocolate powder (I used 3 tbsp milo & 1 tbsp drinking chocolate powder)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp cooking oil or melted butter
- 1/2 tsp condensed milk (totally optional)
- Grease medium size bowl or tall mug take you want to use. Make sure they have enough space for the cake to raise.
- Add in flour, chocolate powder and sugar. Mix well and try to get rid of lumps.
- Next, mix in lightly beaten eggs, milk, oil or melted butter and condensed milk(if you are using any). Stir and mix well.
- Add enough water to wok or pot for steamimg, place in steaming rack and put the cake mixture on top. Cover the wok or pot and put over high heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Self raising flour or plain flour: Well both flour can be use, however, plain flour make the chocolate heavier while self raising flour make it lighter, fluffier and more moist. If you only have plain flour but wanted the self raising flour effect, add in baking powder.I personally prefer using self raising flour.
- You may add in chocolate chips, oat or dried mixed fruit into the mixture/batter before steaming.
This is with plain flour
This is with self raising flour. Pictures above with ice cream is from self raising flour too.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe. Happy trying.... :)