Well, although I name this as beef spring rolls, but of course you can substitute in chicken, pork or lamb.
Make about 10-12
- Spring rolls skin (available in supermarket or asian grocery)
- 500g mince beef
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, lightly chopped
- 1 - 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 - 2 carrots, shredded
- cooking oil for stir fry and deep fry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Marinade mince beef with marinade mixture and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat up wok and pour in 1 tbsp oil. Add in onion and garlic. Stir until fragrant or lightly brown. Add in mince beef, stir until it changes colour. Then, add in shredded cabbage and mix well. Add in shredded carrots when the cabbage soften. Stir for another 1 minute, adjust seasoning to you liking and mix well.
- Set mince beef mixture aside to cool.
- Place a small amount of mix on the spring roll skin, roll it up and seal with water.
- Deep fry spring rolls at 180 degree until brown and crispy.
- Serve hot