Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Tom Yum Fried Spaghetti
The last time I make this dish was 5 or 6 years ago. My culinary skill was very limited at that time and tht led me to choose this recipe because it was easy..... and of course delicious.
For this recipe you will need:
• 1 packet spaghetti (500g), cooked and drain according to the direction on the packaging
• 500g chicken thigh fillet (you may use breast fillet), cut to bite pieces
• 2 tbsp cooking oil
• 2 cups of slice cup mushroom
• 1 quarter cabbage, shredded
• 1-2 tomatoes, quartered
• 1 brown onions, sliced or chop into large chunks
• 4 gloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp tom yum paste
• 1 tsp oyster sauce (optional)
• a handful of seafood (shrimp or squid)
• 1/2 tsp sugar
• salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste
1.Marinate chicken with soy sauce and pepper for at least 20 minutes.
2.Cook and drain spaghetti according to the instruction on the package.
3.Heat up oil at medium heat. Stir frying garlic till lightly brown then add sliced or chopped onions. Stir.
4.Once garlic and onion fragrant, add in chicken. Stir fry until chicken almost cook.
5.Then, mix in mushroom and cabbage. Stir and mix well.
6.Add in tomatoes and stir fry all ingredients together until cook.
7.Finally, add tom yum paste and mix it with the rest of the ingredients and allow it to boil.
8.Put in sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
9.Once the tom yum mixture is bubbly, mix in cooked spaghetti and stir fry for couple of minutes.