Sounds difficult ??? No. It is not difficult at all. Drunken chicken comes in 2 versions. As a cold and hot dish. This recipe is a hot drunken chicken dish.
- 500g chicken, cut into pieces
- about 1x1 inch ginger, thinly slice (if you are a big fan of ginger, add more)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed and roughly chopped
- 2-3 stalks spring onion, cut into 1.5 inch, separate the white and green part
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat up sesame oil in pan/wok at medium heat. Add in ginger, garlic and white part of spring onion. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in green parts of spring onion and chicken pieces, stir fry until chicken is slighly browned. Then, add in wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well, cover with lid and simmer until chicken is cooked and the gravy is thickened. This will take about 15 - 25 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
- Add some salt if it is not salty enough.
- Serve hot.