This is a delicious dish. However, it can be a bit tedious in terms of deboning the chicken wings but it is worth it.
- 6 large or medium size chicken wings, debone
- 250g minced pork (you can use minced beef or chicken)
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tbs fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped (optional)
- 15g bean vermicelli/glass noodle, prepare according instruction on the packaging and cut to about 1 inch (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- all purposed season flour or rice flour
- oil for deep frying
- some oil for brushing
- First thing we need to prepare is the stuffing. Combine all the stuffing ingredients together and mix well. Cover and set aside.
- To debone the chicken wings, first of all, bending backwards the joint between drumlet and winglet to loosen the tendons, then cut a ring around the top part of the drumlet and using sharp knife slowly scrape down against the bone to loosen the meat from drumlet. Always pushing back the meat as you scrape. Then, cut or pull of the drumlet bone. Continue scarping down to the second joint, pushing back the skin and meat as you go. Carefully twist the two tiny bones around and it should pop put from the wings. Becareful not to break the skin
- Once you have deboned all the wings, its time for stuffing. Stuffed the chicken wings with the stuffing until they are just firm (2 - 3 teaspoon).You may secure the top with skewer.
- Next, arrange the stuffed chicken wings in steamer and steam until fully cook OR wrap the stuffed wing tighly wrap cling wrap and poached till cook. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, allow it too cool down fully.
- To fry : dip stuffed chicken wings into lightly beaten egg and coat in all purpose season flour. Deep fry until golden brown
- To bake: pre heat oven at 180 degree celcius, arrange stuffed chicken wings on a baking dish, brush some oil on top chicken wings and pop in oven until slightly brown or heated through. May take about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can use soy sauce instead of fish sauce
- You can substitute minced pork with minced beef or chicken
- Do not over fill or they will burst when you steam them
- Chicken wings, you can use whole chicken wings or left the drumlet out
- I have some left over pork mince, so I decided to stir fry with vegetable
Stir Fry Pork Mince with Cabbage - left over mince pork from the above recipe
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Quarter cabbage, shredded
1 tbsp oil
Left over minced pork
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
Heat up oil, add in garlic, stir a bit and wait till fragrant or lighly brown.
Add in minced pork, stir until cooked. Mix in cabbage and season with salt and pepper. Stir for 3 minutes.
Add in water and let it boil for awhile or until the cabbage cook to your liking.