CookBook Challenge Week -32
Potato and Tuna Fish Cake
- 600g potatoes, peel, boiled until tender, drain, mash and cool
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 - 3 (95g) cans Tuna, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for shallow fry
- Peel potatoes, boil until tender, drain, mash and cool.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with oil and add the chopped onion. Cook for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add translucent onion into cool mashed potatoes, along with egg, tuna and season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold through all the ingredients well. Divide the mixture into even sized patties about 10cm diameter each. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat the patties lightly with plain flour before frying.
- Add enough oil in wok or frying pan about 1 cm depth over medium heat to fry the patties. Add patties and cook for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Tangy Dip - accompanied for the above recipe
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 - 2 tsp sugar
- 1 french shallot / 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 - 3 stalk fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli or several bird's eyes chillies, finely sliced
- Juice of half lemon
- Combine all the ingredient together, mix well and serve. (Adjust quantity of any of the ingredients to suit your taste).