- 1 cup (150g) self raising flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter, soften
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-2 tsp orange rind (grated)
- 150ml thickened cream
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2/3 cup Breakfast Marmalade Jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius (160 degree celcius fan forced). Grease a deep, 20 cm cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- Place flour, cornflour, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla essence and orange juice into a large mixing bowl. Use electric mixer to beat on slow speed untill all ingredients combine , then beat on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until the tester comes out clean when insert into centre of the cake.
- Turn onto a wire rack, topside-up, to cool.
- For the cream: beat thickened cream with electirc mixer until soft peak form. Mix in breakfast marmalade jam evenly. Split cake in half and join them with breakfast marmalade cream.
- Allow it to set before cut it to serve. If not it will get messy just like the picture above
- Dust top with sifted icing sugar or beat more crean with icing sugar and put them on top the cake
- You can prepare the cake one day ahead: remember to cool completely, chilled and wrapped well in plastic wrap