Garlic sprout is a young green plant you get from a garlic bulb when you plant it in the ground. It is a popular ingredient in chinese and japanese cooking. The taste is garlicky but milder than the bulb that they have the unique sweetness to it. Their crucncy texture survive a fair amount of cooking time. Garlic sprout is available in any asian grocery.
- 1 bunch garlic sprout, cut about 1 inch long
- 100g beef, slice in stripes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oil for marinate
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp oil for cooking
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chop
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp chinese wine
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Marinate beef with soy sauce, 1 tsp oil and cornstarch.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil, saute garlic until fragrant and add in beef. Stir fry until meat surface change colour.
- Add garlic sprout, keep stirring for about 5 minutes. Mix in oyster sauce, wine and sugar.
- Stir fry briefly until liquid evaporates.
- Serve hot.
- You can change the beef to pork or chicken