I am not sure what I should cook today. So, I decided to seach on net and see what's my 'catch' of the day. I then click on BBC food recipes and found 5 spice roast chicken. Since I have every ingredients listed in my pantry I dedcided that's my 'catch' for today. As usual I will substract and add ingredient to suit my palate.
Want to know more about fiVe Spice? Click here.
So, in order to accomplish this dish you will need:-
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 french onions or 2 shallots, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce or to taste
- 2 tbsp five spice powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp chinese cooking wine (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1.2 - 1.5 kg chicken, cut into 4 pieces (you can also use substitute with drumsticks, wings, fillet etc)
What do you do next ?
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Remove chicken from marinate, place chicken pieces on baking pan cover with aluminium foil. Reserved the marinated for sauce.
- Bake in the oven on 180 degree celcius for 30 minutes, remove the foil, increase the heat to 200 degree celcius bake until the skin turns golden brown. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Pour reserved marinate and liquid from baking into a saupan.
- Add 1/2 tbsp corn flour plus 1/2 water. Stir. Bring to boil and serve with the chicken.