Here's the recipe.
- a handful of fresh strawberry, rinse and diced (optional)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 250ml strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1/8 tsp bicarb soda/baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oveb to 170 degree celcius. Grease or lay cake/loaf pan with baking paper.
- Diced fresh strawberries and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy over high speed.
- Add in vanilla extract and eggs. One at a time. Beat for another minute or so.
- Add in yogurt and beat for another minute. Remove the electric mixer.
- Then, stir in the mixture of sifted self raising flour, cornflour, baking soda and salt. Half cup at a time. Stir until the flour mixture until is well incorporated before you add in another batch.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan, mix in fresh strawberry into remaining batter. Mix. Pour into pan.
- Pop into the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and remove from pan to cool completely.
- To avoid curdle cake batter, all ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Feel free to substitute strawberry yogurt with any other fruit yogurt