Sunday, September 19, 2010

Steamed Pork with Salted Fish and Black Bean

I had this for Friday's dinner but did not have the chance to post it up on that day itself because I was busy creating names for my new blog. After a numerous names options and discussion, finally, I settled with Coffee, Tea OR ... which was also registered on Friday night. Then on Saturday, I decided to reconstruct this blog so that it would be easier for readers to navigate. I am not done with the reconstruction yet but steamed pork with salted fish and black bean keeps on bugging me want to be posted, so I decided to post it first. Just to give myself a peace of mind too.
 

Another episode of  'where's the garnish?'

Ingredients:-
  • 250g pork belly, thinly sliced
  • 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Garlic Sauce or preserved black bean, rinse and chopped
  • 20g salted fish, thinly sliced
  • 1 inch ginger, sliced
  • 1/2 - 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp light soy sauce 
  • a dash ground white pepper
  • 2 tbsp water

Method:-
  1. Combine all the ingredients together and toss to make sure pork belly are well coated. Marinate for about an hour. Cover.
  2. Then, steam on hight heat for 15 minutes or until the pork is cooked. Make sure you add enough water for steaming. If the steaming water happens to dried up before the pork is cook add in hot water. 
  3. Adjust the taste before serving.
The LKK Black Bean Garlic Saucre that I used

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Would love to hear from you or even just a Hi!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails