- 3 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 240g (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- juice of 1/2 an orange (make up about 1/3 cup orange juice)
- zest of 1/2 an orange or more
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pre heat oven to 160 degree celcius. Grease or line baking tin with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then add butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy using electric mixer over high speed.
- Add milk and fold in flour alternately in 3 times, starting and ending with flour. Only add after each addition is well combine.
- Divide mixture into two equally. In first batch of mixture, add orange juice and orange zest and mix well. Into second bath mixture, add cocoa powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into baking tin. This part is totally up to you. You can pour the one with orange mixture and then cocoa powder mixture and gently stir with skewer to get a marble effect OR pour then alternately in 2 batches for each mixture then stir gently with skewer for marble effect.
- Then, pop into preheated oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes for cupcake size and 30 minutes for large size cake or bake until the tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before transering to wire rack.