Sunday, November 7, 2010

1-2-3-4-5 Pork Spare Ribs

Don't judge a book by its cover. Why? This is not a perfect picture dish but it is sure a delicious dish. Trust me! OH! And have I mention it is super duper easy to cook this? And I would have to admit the pork ribs that I made were not caramelised enough :(. I shall cook it again.



Ingredients:
  • 500g pork ribs (spare ribs)
  • 1 tbsp chinese cooking wine or sherry
  • 2 tbsp black vinegar
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 4 tbsp soy sauce (I use light soy sauce)
  • 5 tbsp water
Method:
  1. In a large saucepan combine all the ingredients listed above EXCEPT water.
  2. Cook over medium heat and stir occasionally.
  3. Once the sauce has reduced and thicken (about 30 minutes),  add in water.
  4. Cover the lid and cook for further 10 minutes or until the ribs are tender. Remove the lid and continue cooking until ribs looks caramelized / brown glazed. This will take another 5 - 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you or even just a Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails