Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Baileys Cake (As easy as ABC)


When I brother came a few weeks ago, he asked me what do I want from the duty free place. So I said I want Baileys. Baileys + Ice Cream = Fantastic. However,this morning I was craving for cakes. Any cakes. So, I decided to try baking Baileys cake. Then, I went to the kitchen scrape whatever cake baking ingredient I have in the pantry and to my delight I manage to scrape enough ingredient to bake a cake. Yeay!!!!

This is a very easy and straightforward recipe and very suitable for lazy Sunday baking.

Ingredients:

125g butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup Baileys
2 cup self raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder (That's all I have left in my pantry. Feel free to add more. Add some milk or more baileys if your cake mixture appears to be thick)


Methods:

1.  Preheat oven at 180 degree.

2. Melt butter in saucepan large enough to mix all ingredients.

3. Remove from heat and add sugar. Mix well and add eggs. Make sure the saucepan is cool enough before you add in the eggs because you don't want to cook the eggs.Mix to combine then stir in Baileys.

4. Sift flour and cocoa powder into mixture and fold in.

5. Line the bottom of a 20cm cake tin with baking paper and pour in the mixture.

6. Bake at 180 degree for 45 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.

7. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto the cooling rack.

8. Feel free to sprinkle icing sugar or butter cream or ganache or coffee cream - (1 tbsp instant coffee, 1 tbsp hot water, 2 tbsp baileys and fold in 300ml whipped cream)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you or even just a Hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails