Hello.. I have finally done with all my wedding related stuff and I am ready to start blogging again. Lets start with a post of Traditional Beef Casserole.
1 kg chuck steak, cut into 3cm cubes
2 tablespoon season flour (I seasoned plain flour with salt and pepper to taste)
6 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium brown onion, chopped
2 medium carrot, halves and sliced thickly
2 celery stalks, trimmed, sliced thickly
3 garlic gloves, crushed
1 bouquet garni
1 cup red wine
1 cup beef stock (I used salt-reduced)
400g diced tomatoes
salt, pepper and sugar to taste
1. Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius (140 degree Celsius fan forced).
2. Toss beef in seasoned flour until well coated; shake away excess flour.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a large casserole pot. Cook the beef in two batches. Add another 2 teaspoons of olive oil for second batch. Remove beef from pot.
4. Add remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and saute onion, carrot and leek for 2 minutes or until browned lightly.Add garlic, saute until garlic aromatic.
5. Add wine into the pot, stirring and bring to boil over medium high heat. Reduced wine for about half.
6. Return all the beef and any juices to the pot with the stock, tomatoes and bouquet garni, stir to combine and bring to boil. Cover and place in oven for 2 hours or until the beef tender.
7. Discard bouquet garni. Served casserole.
This traditional casserole can be served with bread, rice or mashed potatoes.
|Everything is in and ready to be boiled before it goes into oven, covered.|