Who is not into chocolate cake? I am always into chocolate cake but the problem is sometimes I just want to be able to mix the ingredient up with very limited equipment used and stick it into the oven and eat it. Cadbury kitchen recipe definitely save my day today. Thumbs up to #cadburychocolate #cadburykitchen and I did amend the recipe here and there. For original recipe please click the link above. One last thing this recipe is definitely a keeper.
- 1/2 cup water (original recipe call for 1 cup water. I used 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/8 cups caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup drinking cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g chocolate bits (optional)
- Preheat oven at 180 degree and greased or line cake pan.
- Combine water, milk sugar, butter and cocoa in a saucepan and warm but do not boil, stirring until sugar dissolved. Then bring to the boil and simmer gently for 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and cool for 30 minutes. To speed up the cooling process you can stick it into fridge.
- Add vanilla essence, salt and chocolate bits and mix well.
- Then add SR flour and lightly beaten eggs and mix until just combined.
- Pour into a greased or lined cake pan. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
- Ingredients should be at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
- Make sure the chocolate mixture is cool properly before you add in flour or eggs otherwise you will need to deal with clumped flour or scrambled eggs.