1.3kg whole chicken (clean and pat dry)
2 potatoes (quartered)
1 lemon halves
1 tbsp vegetable / peanut oil
2 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of dried mixed herbs (any herbs that is to your liking either fresh or dried)
1 tbsp garlic (finely chopped or use garlic paste)
Salt and pepper to taste
Marinade the chicken :-
1. Mix well the butter, mixed herbs and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper (A).
2. Breast side up with legs of the chooks pointing to your direction. Gently slide your finger under the breast skin to separate it from the flesh. Push gentlly all the way down. Slide the mixture of butter, mixed herbs, garlic, salt and pepper (A). Be gentle so that the skin is not punture.
3. Season the whole chicken with salt and pepper including the cavity.
4. Leave it aside for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, preheat oven to 220 degree celcius. Lightly grease the roasting pan and place the wire rack on it.
6. Gently squeeze the juice from half of the lemon all over the chicken. Place both lemon halves into the chicken cavity and brush both side of the chicken with vegetable oil.
7. Place quartered potatoes on the roasting pan and seasoned with salt and pepper and place the chicken (breast side up) on the wire rack.
8. Roast the chicken for 20 minutes or until the juice runs clear when the thigh is pierced with skewer. Stand covered for 5 minutes and serve hot.