- 300g sweet potatoes
- 11/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup sifted plain flour (you may not need this much)
- 1/2 cooking oil
- sprinkle of cornflour
- Fillings: chocolate(nutella), peanut butter, white sugar, honey or whatever you like
- Put whole unpeeled sweet potatoes in a pot of water and bring to boil until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Peel and mash while it is still warm.
- Add brown sugar and cooking oil. Gradually add in sifted plain flour. Mix, stir and combine well with mashed sweet potatoes.
- Knead to form dough. Add more flour if the dough is wet.
- Pinch out balls from dough, flatten them and scoop 1/2 tsp of your fillings into the centre. Wrap up and form triangle or any shape you wish.
- Finally, sprinkle with some cornflour before deep frying over medium heat until crisp and golden brown.
- You may substitute sweet potatoes with yam/taro or pumpkin.
- As for the filling you can use what ever you like from filling listed above to red bean paste and anything that goes well with sweet potatoes.
White sugar (turns syrup at frying process)
|That's peanut butter filling|