I often look for warm soup in cold and windy wheather and I really love home-style soup which is easy to prepare. I would say this is a delicious and nutritional soup.
3 cups chicken broth or any homemede stock
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tomatoes, slice into 6
1 tsp sesame oil
Salt and white pepper to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
15g Bean vermicelli / glass noodle (optional), ready according to direction at the packaging
Coriander and spring onion (cut diagonally 1 inch)
- Bring broth or stock to boil.
- Add in sesame oil, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir. At this point you can add in ginger slice if you use any.
- Add in tomatoes. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Very slowly pour in the eggs in a steady stream. Use fork to gently stir the egg in clock wise until the form thin streams.
- It will be ready to serve when the egg turn yellowish. You may stir glass noodle at this point.
- Serve. Garnish with coriander and spring onion.
- You may add cornstarch to your soup : 1 tsp cornstarch to 2 tsp water
- Add a slice of fresh ginger, This is good for colds and flu