- 225g milk chocolate, chopped
- 120g butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room tempreture
- 2/3 cup (95g) plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mixed dried fruits or more
- Preheat oven at to 180 degree celcius. Grease and line baking paper a 20cm square pan.
- Melt the chocolate pieces and butter in a alrge stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan with simmering water.
- Once the chocolate and butter have melted, remove from heat at stir in cocoa powder and sugar.
- Next, whisk in vanilla extract and egg, one at a time. beat well after each addition.
- Then, stir in flour, salt and dried mixed fruits.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until the tester inserted in the centre comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Remove from oven and let it cool at wire rack.
- Serve at room tempreture or chilled. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Although the recipe call for adding mixed dried fruits you could substitute with chopped nuts or chocolate chips.