First of all, in order to make the pineapple tart of course we need to make pineapple jam first. Pineapple here is expensive so I turn to canned pineapple instead. One good thing about canned pineapple is that it is for sure ripe and sweet... hehe.. So, here's the ingredients and steps you need to make pineapple jam.
- 2 large canned pineapple ( Can't remember how heavy mine was 700g perhaps)
- 10 tablespoon sugar (Adjust according to your taste. Usually amount of sugar is equavalent to amount of pineapple pulp. Eg: 1 cup sugar to 1 cup pineapple pulp )
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour mixed with 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- Drain canned pineapple slices and squeeze out the juices using hands. Blends the pineapple until fine, about 10 seconds. If you do not have blender than hand chopped the pineapples.
- Using medium heat, cook pineapple, lemon and sugar until most liquid evaporated and the filling turn golden. Remember to constantly stir the filing so that it doensn't burn.
- Add more sugar as needed.
- Mix cornflour with water and pour into the filling to thicken it.
- Then, let it cool in the fridge.
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 - 6 tbsp icing sugar
- 225 grams butter, soften the butter at room tempreture
- 2 egg yolks, room tempreture
- 1 egg yolk (lightly beaten for egg wash)
- Sieve plain flour, corn flour, salt and icing sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add in butter that are already soften in room tempreture and egg yolks.
- Knead to form the dough.
NOW, it's time to put everything together.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celcius.
- Prepare baking tray and line with baking sheet.
- Divide the dough and jam to 24 equal rounds. If you want to make a smaller size pineapple tart then feel free to make it into smaller rounds which may sum out to 30 equal rounds.
- Flatten the pastry dough with the palm and put the pineapple filling in the middle and use the dough to cover the fiiling. Use your palm to shape into roll (what ever length you desire) and use fork to make criss cross pattern on the tart/roll.
- Then, place in the prepared baking tray. Put 1 inch apart. Once the baking tray is full, brush the tart with egg wash and bake in preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until light brown.