In short this is a simple delicious meal with some everyday ingredients
In order to put this scotch eggs together, you will need:
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, finely chopped (I use 150g diced bacon)
- 500g pork mince
- 1-2 tbsp dried flakes parsley or 1/3 cup continental parsley, chopped
- Ground Black Pepper
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 1/2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs (For DIY fresh white breadcrumbs CLICK HERE)
- Olive oil spray
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Then, add in mince, parsley, salt and ground black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Divide mince mixture into 4 portions. Shape a portion of mince around each hard boiled egg and place a plate.
- Lightly coat with flour, egg (whisked) and breadcrumbs.
- Put onto prepared tray. Spray with olive oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm to touch and mince is cooked through.
- Serve with salad. For this mreal I served with Rustic Russian Salad.