Few weeks ago I posted a flourless peanut butter cookies recipe and today I am posting up another peanut butter cookies but this time is with flour. So what's the different? Obviously the one with flour is slightly energy draining when you knead the dough however it is easy to shape compare to flourless cookies. I personally prefer the one with flour because I like the feel of texture and absolute peanut butter make me sick.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar (I use half white sugar half brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup oil or melted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter (You can use smooth or crunchy)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup self raising flour, sifted (I added 2 tbsp plain flour to get 3/4 cup SR flour)
- some icing sugar for sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degree celcius (fan forced), normal oven 180 degree celcius.
- Mix egg, sugar, melted butter and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended
- Add in peanut butter and mix well.
- Gradually add in sifted flour. Mixing thoroughly. It maybe easier to use hand when the mixture gets heavier.
- Place a teaspoonful of mixture on baking / greasy sheets. You may shape them as into ball or flatten them with fork. Sprinkle some icing sugar on the mixture before putting them in oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- After removing the cookies fron oven, let them sit for a couple of minute until cool. (This cookies is very fragile when they are still hot).