Galettes is a general term use in French to designate various types of flat, round or freeform crusty cake. It is also known as french crepes with savoury or sweet filling.
- 1 sheet ready rolled frozen puff pastry, thawed and quartered
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 1 Bocs pear, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- icing sugar (to dust)
- Preheat oven at 200 degree celcius.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place quartered pastry on tray sprinkle evenly with cornflour and brown sugar.
- Roll edges in on 2 sides to form a 1.5cm border and brush edges with egg.
- Arrange the pear slightly overlapping and top with berries over the pastry. Brush the pear slices and berries with melted butter and sprinkle caster sugar on galette.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until pastry is puffed, golden and juice are bubbling.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with honey whipped cream.
|All done.. waiting for cream|
Honey Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy/thicken cream
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat heacy cream until thickened.
- Add honey and vanilla extract.
- Continue beating until it reaches the consistency you that desire or until soft form peak.
|With cream... yummy...|
- You may use any other pear or other fruits which is suitable for baking
- Feel free to use fresh berries